Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"To whom much is given, much will be required"

With my mom's close companion passing away last week, I started think about what I would leave behind if Abba choose me to go home. I belong to the West Albany Fire Dept. This July it will be 12 years. When I was interview to be a firefighter, all the chiefs, captains, and lieutenants all sat around me in a circle grilling me asking why, several times over, I would want to be a firefighter. They were all concerned if I would pass down their traditions. Being a female, They were also concerned on how I would bond w/ the other firefighters and if I would be strong enough to do the job. When I first started, I went thru 3 months of firefighting training and was on probation for a year. A lot of preparation goes into being a firefighter but also a true believer. But what preparation are we leaving behind for the next generation? It seems that every generation is getting weaker and compromising more to the world. Granted every believer, thru the power of the Holy Spirit , is responsible for their walk but if we are slowly walking away from Abba, compromising our walk and passing that down to the next generation, how can we make sure that we will be passing down who God is with no compromise? In the Old Testament, we consistently see God’s people walking away from him and going back. Abba used a 19 year old King Josiah to tear down the idols and restore the temple. At age 25 King Josiah loved the lord and brought restoration by hearing God’s word convicting his heart and renewing the convent with Abba. God’s word cannot be compromised. Many false teachers like to change God’s word to fit their agenda. We are more blessed now then when God’s people were back then and we are now also without excuse. We have the Holy Spirit inside us and we have the Old & New Testament in our hands. To whom much is given, much will be required.

No comments: