Sunday, April 26, 2009

"NYC Trip"

Last Friday, the 17th of April, I took my younger sister Becky to NYC to see the Statue of Liberty. She has always wanted to see it. I'm glad I didn't go when I was in Jersey. Abba gave us a beautiful day not too cold or hot. It was fun but at a very fast pace though. We left around 4:30am and boarded the train after five. We arrive in the city around eight in the morning. Some people didn't appreciate how slow we were walking, I guess a half jog isn't fast enough!?? But a lot of people were really nice. Me & Becky took a hop on, hop off tour bus around the city. We headed to Battery park around noon after lunch and stood in line for over an hour and a half just to get into the tent to be scanned before hopping on the ferry. For some reason the gate didn't like me and I had to get wanded twice, joy. The whole Statue/ Ellis island thing took about four hours. Everywhere we went it was packed with people. I felt like I was at the Great Escape for 12 hours. We got back to Penn Station around 7:30 and headed home around 8pm. As the train was leaving the city, I got to see the lights on everything. I wish I could have taken those pics. It was a good day. Only problem was I didn't get to see Marty Goetz on Saturday. My legs were tired and I was completely exhausted. I never walked so much in my life. The whole trip cost was 172.00 each including the train, tours & 3 meals. Abba got us great deals on everything. I finally put the pictures I took in my pic album on my MySpace page. At the 9/11 site, my employer, is sending product to the site covering areas at the subway level. Another drafter has this job but it is still cool we get to help in the rebuilding.

No comments: