Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Abba in the Center"

About 15 minutes ago there was a strange ambulance call on my fire pager. Outside on my street where I live, there was a call of a man down in a car. The call woke me up out of a being half awake on the couch. Where I live, the houses have some space between them and it is really not a suburb area. As a FF/EMT, I ran out and found no one. At the same time, a police officer showed up and began asking questions. We found the people who called and they explained the man was in his car for over two hours slumped to the side. They knocked on the window and the man stumbled out of the car and went back in. They called an ambulance and the person left before I came out. They said there was no smell of alcohol. Was he too tired to drive? Does he have allergy meds in him? My mind started to race thinking of what was wrong. It took me a while but I did pray for him. That should have been the first thing I did before I left the house. Sometimes we get so caught up in our issues of the day and never have Abba in the center of them. Abba should always be in the center of everything we do including filling out a shopping list. The more we have Abba in the center of the little things, the more we will trust him in the "center" of big things.

No comments: