Friday, May 15, 2009

KNIGHT RIDER

Way back in 1986, when I was 14, there was this show called Knight Rider. My youngest brother Steve was 8yrs old and loved that car. I really didn't start watching it until the 3rd season but back in 86' Abba used that show to save my life. Abba can and will use anything to help anyone.
One night a group of kids from school came over Fri night and asked me to come with them to go to a party. Like any normal teenager you'd think I would jump at a chance to go to a party but I didn't. This is what actually happened, it was close to 8:00pm, Knight Rider was coming on and I didn't want to miss it. The one chance I could have gone and hung out, I choose to watch a TV show. Why would I do that? I should have asked "What was Abba up to?" A few months before my 21st birthday, my mom threw a Memorial Day party and I asked if I could drink. It took me over 5 hours to drink one wine cooler- Why? I started to drink another one but stopped because I went to my sister's house. When I arrived I got very sick and started to throw up. I thought I must have gotten food poisoning but no one else became sick. Later that year football was starting and my favorite team was on TV. I got out of work and bought home some combos and wine coolers for the game. This would be only the second time I drank alcohol. The second I took a sip of that cooler, my head started to pound and I wanted to throw up. Thinking back in my life on how my body reacted with cough syrup and mouth wash, I realized I must be allergic. Now Abba could have let me go to that party, but I know that I wouldn’t be alive today if he did. Abba always has a reason for everything in our life. We may not understand it now, but it will always make sense in the end.

No comments: