Saturday, June 20, 2009

"CRASH!!!"

On Thursday June 11, I was driving my Aunt Joan home when a person backed out of their driveway and struck me on my passenger side. (see photo) as I was driving up the road, I saw in the intersection ahead of me 4 kids were walking across. My Aunt shouted he’s not stopping! I turned my head to the right and that’s when I was hit. The driver hit me pretty hard. Abba protected my Aunt. My work requires the employees to carry a disposable camera in the car and a accident report sheet. I grabbed the camera and got out of the truck. I came around to the back of my truck and the boyfriend of the driver got in my face and started to yell and scream at me. I stayed calm but I couldn’t assess the scene. He was blaming me for the crash and saying I was speeding and I could have killed his kid and made other threats. My aunt believes he was the one driving but the lady says she was and he doesn’t have a license. He also stated to the cop he was inside the house when the crash occurred. I am surprised I stayed calm. Abba must have taken over and gave me peace. After all the crap they were saying to me and blaming me for the crash, I just keep quiet and spoke very little. My Aunt called my Uncle and he called their son, a retired police detective and who is my cousin, he came and waited with me until the police arrived. I have a white 2003 GMC Sonoma. The person who hit me has a Chevy Avalanche. They came at me not perpendicular but at an angle and the only damage to their truck was passenger side tail light broken and the bumper end a little bent. My insurance company is Nationwide. My truck to them is only worth 4,000. They wanted to total it but the repair place they had me take it to did a estimate of 3,800. I’m glad it wasn’t totaled. Going back into debt, especially in this economy, is not good. I need to trust Abba and let him take care of this. Abba allows things to happen for a reason. I don’t know why Abba allowed this but I know it was his mercy for me and my aunt to walk away from it. Psalm 31:7-8 “I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy, for you have considered my trouble; you have known my soul in adversities, and have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; you have set my feet in a wide place.”

No comments: