Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"And in that day you will say..."

About 12 years ago I was laying on my futon bed hanging off to the side playing with kittens. I had found them in a rotted out tree log on my property several weeks earlier. I had just started reading my NKJV bible when I became distracted with them. As I was playing with them, my bible pages flipped opened to another book & chapter. I saw this and suddenly stopped. I slowly turned my body and moved back in front of the bible to look at what it opened to. Isaiah 12 seemed to look different, almost bigger than the rest of the words. I was a little wigged out but I started to read Isaiah 12. Only after four times reading it I memorize it. Abba imprinted this scripture on my heart. Unfortunately, I still cannot memorize scripture. I do know a few but those are the ones you hear all the time and they are usually not an exact quote anyway. Sometimes I can finish what people say but usually I can only remember what book it came from. I have been trying to memorize John ch 3 vs16 -21. I still have not been able to do that. It is so frustrating. I have read Isaiah 12 in other versions of the bible but NKJV is still my first and favorite. On one of the bible commentaries I have read, David Guzik called this chapter “Isaiah 12 - Words from a Worshipper” I would defiantly agree. Because in that day we will say… “Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!”


Isaiah 12 NKJV
A Hymn of Praise

And in that day you will say:

O LORD, I will praise You
Though You were angry with me,
Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me.
Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid

For YAHWEH, the LORD, is my strength and song
He also has become my salvation
Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation.

And in that day you will say:

Praise the LORD, call upon His name
Declare His deeds among the peoples,
Make mention that His name is exalted.
Sing to the LORD,
For He has done excellent things
This is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, O inhabitant of Zion,
For great is the Holy One of Israel in your midst!

No comments: