Monday, July 27, 2009

"I want my prize"

In the movie "Good Boy" Owen has to prove to his parents he is grown up enough to pay & take care of a dog by himself.

Owen - It's adoption day!
Mom - What?!
Dad – Hey, pal.
Mom - It's dining room day, Owen.
Dad - Let's see that calendar.
Mom - Didn't you just start that job?
Dad - He's right. Exactly three months today he's been walkin' those dogs.
Owen - Not one problem. I already got mine picked out at the shelter.
Dad - Good for you, O. Great job.
Mom - Yeah, that's great. Terrific. Listen, can we talk for a second? Don't you think that it makes more sense to wait until after we move to the new place before we get the dog? I'm just thinking of the dog. That way, he won't have to relearn a new house and a new neighborhood and all that other newness.
Owen - We had a deal, Mom.
Mom - We did. We sure... we sure...we absolutely did.
Owen - "The best way to achieve your goals, Owen, is to make a plan, work hard, and always keep your eyes on the prize."
Mom - That's an exact quote, isn't it?
Owen - I want my prize.

What is our goal as a true believer? apostle Paul said it best "I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3v14 The "prize" is the call Abba has on our life not only to have a call but also doing our call with Abba. Running the race with him. I want my prize!

No comments: