Friday, July 3, 2009

"The God of second chances"

Back in 2003, I was listening to an interview where a person was being asked “Do you think things happen for a reason?” The person replied very angrily and blaming God. My response to this was a very mean selfish off the cuff remark not knowing what had happened to him but Abba knew how I would react. He had opened my eyes to what my heart was saying and who I was in that area of my life. But then in Aug 2007, Abba gave me a second chance and I was able to help that same person this time around. I was looking something up when I came across this person’s bio. As I was reading it Abba started to show me sad events in his life. I cried out “Lord if he only knew you” The Abba told me specifically what to pray for. Several weeks later Abba took me to a place and showed me the prayer I prayed for him being fulfilled. It was really cool, a kodak moment. I know this person is going to be ok because of what Abba showed me back in 2003 and how he is now different today but I also know he still needed to choose. I don't know if he is saved or not. I haven’t been able to speak to him since that day but I know Abba will take care of him. Now Abba didn’t really need me to help and bless this person. Abba could have done it himself but he needed me to grow up and to change me into a true believer. For the past two years I’ve felt him doing just that. I don’t know what Abba is up to with me right now but I know he will always give us a second chance.

No comments: