Saturday, September 5, 2009

"He is Holy!"

A couple of years after I graduated from college, I took a second job working for the Albany Times Union News Paper. I had a paper route when I was 12, but this was different. I would fill about 30 boxes(see pic) along Central Ave @ 5:30am. It would only take about a hour to do. It was my responsibility to clean, fix, and move to a better place these boxes to sell my papers inside. I took this job to pay for my school loan from JCA that Abba did not want me to go to in the first place. Anyway, one day in April, it had lightly snowed and the boxes had a light coating on them. I used my hands to wipe off the snow because I had ran out that morning forgetting my Mechanix gloves. I would wear the gloves for gripping the papers and for no ink to get on my fingers. I was half way through my route when my hands were starting to get numb. As I was loading the box, I held the door with my knee and would let the door swing up and hit my left hand so the door would not slam shut. At that moment I had my fingers too close to the opening and the door came up and squished them. I yanked out my hand and yelled,” God!” A few seconds later Yeshua said in a facetious chided tone, “ I suppose you want Me to heal you now.” I said, ”no??” I got in my truck thinking, why is He mad, what did I do?” Then Yeshua said "Theresa, think of it this way, at least you have ice." Sometime later, I started thinking about what had happened that day and why He was mad at me. Abba reminded me of what I had said. I was so sorry, I didn’t realize what I had said. I had called His name without regard. I am determined not hurt Abba again. For He is Holy!

Psalm 99 - Praise to the LORD for His Holiness
The LORD reigns;
Let the peoples tremble!
He dwells between the cherubim;
Let the earth be moved!
The LORD is great in Zion,
And He is high above all the peoples.
Let them praise Your great and awesome name—
He is holy.

The King’s strength also loves justice;
You have established equity;
You have executed justice and righteousness in Jacob.
Exalt the LORD our God,
And worship at His footstool—
He is holy.

Moses and Aaron were among His priests,
And Samuel was among those who called upon His name;
They called upon the LORD, and He answered them.
He spoke to them in the cloudy pillar;
They kept His testimonies and the ordinance He gave them.

You answered them, O LORD our God;
You were to them God-Who-Forgives,
Though You took vengeance on their deeds.
Exalt the LORD our God,
And worship at His holy hill;
For the LORD our God is holy.

No comments: