Friday, November 9, 2012

"My Love"

What do people think about becoming one in a marriage? Paul in Ephesians 5, talks about a husband & wife loving one another. Verse 30 says "because we are members of His body." and then in verse 31 he says, the two shall become one & verse 32 "this mystery is great;" with a semi colon. Paul is talking about Christ and the church in a physical sense in the verses before and after verses 31& 32 but then adds the spiritual aspect to the marriage in verses 31 & 32.
We are the Bride of Christ no matter if we believe it or not. When we accept Yeshua into our life, we become one with Him. That is what Paul was referring to but with Abba, there is always a reference that He will use to show what He means in the physical. Yeshua being the sacrificial lamb, Abraham & Isaac, etc.. When a women's hymen is broken and blood is spilled, a covenant is made in the physical but in the spiritual they become one. Paul says this mystery is great.
When we marry, do we really treat our spouse as if they are one with us? One of my favorite bible teaching is “Ani Lo" "I am His" by Pastor Jonathan Cahn. It is about us "His Bride" & who we are in Yeshua. In part of the message he says "If you have a marriage of two people, who are two masters, and they want to be served by the other, you got a bad marriage. If you have a marriage of two servants, who are there to serve the other, you got a wonderful marriage. Each puts the other first, you have a wonderful marriage."
We can't be alone in a marriage we must be one with them. Each serving the other. When the object of your affections becomes the object of your satisfaction, then it becomes all about you and your needs. Abba wants us to become one with our spouse seeking what the other needs. To become one, to create a life out of that love. If we understand this, we can become a model for people to see and then they can understand the relationship we have between Yeshua and His Bride.
John 17:25-26 “O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”

"Arise, My Love"
Michael Card

Arise, my love, my lovely one come,
Winter is past and the rains are gone.
The flowers appear, it's the season of song,
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.
Who is it that appears like the dawn?
As fair as the moon, as bright as the sun?
Show me your face, let me hear your voice.
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.
Set me like a seal on your heart,
For love is unyielding as the grave.
The flash of it is a jealous fire,
No flood can quench,
For love is as strong as death.
Arise my love and come with me
Before the dawn breaks and the shadows flee.
You ravished my heart with just one glance
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.
Set me like a seal on your heart,
For love is unyielding as the grave.
The flash of it is a jealous fire,
No flood can quench,
For love is as strong as death.
Do not arouse or awaken love
Until it so desires.
Arise, my love, my lovely one come,
The Winter is past and the rains are gone.
The flowers appear, it's season of song,
My beautiful one, arise and come with me.
I am my love's, my beloved is mine.
Arise and come with me


No comments: