Friday, May 24, 2013

"That 18 inch drop"

     Pastor Skip Heitzig is one of my favorite pastors that I listen to. He always has these little sayings that helps me understand and remember stuff from the bible. I like calling them "Skipisms." Here are a few of them, "He picks us up, brushes us off and hands us back to the Father." "salvation for the Jews before Jesus died is like a credit card." "Soap bubbles, soap bubbles, all is just soap bubbles." This saying, I love the most "It has to make that 18" drop from head knowledge to believing in your heart."
    You see, anybody can read it, memorize it, and be able to talk the talk but once it makes that 18" drop, you now start believing in it and it starts to become second nature and your faith starts to grow more because you now believe it. You also begin to start trusting Him more and now you can walk the walk.

No comments: