Saturday, June 28, 2014

"That's not my problem"

     Way back in college, 20 years ago when I first started HVCC, one of my classes I took was called "principals and practices of light construction." We had learned how to build a house from start to finish. The first thing we did in the lab, was build a CMU wall four courses up. Each kid took a section of the wall and started to make it. I had the corner. I was carefully laying each block and leveling it. In the section next to me, the kid just slapped his together and left. My instructor came over and told me, it looks good then he pointed at the section next to mine and I shrugged my shoulders and said "that's not my section" his face got contorted with anger. He told me it doesn't matter who did it. I was responsible for the wall to be done correctly and should have helped him do his job and he stormed off. I angrily ripped out the CMU's that the kid erected and relayed them. I'm thinking why is he so mad. Who cares if that section of the wall is messed up. I found out later we needed that foundation to build the rest of the house. We ended up building a house inside the old HVCC gym.
      This reminds me of a story in the bible. In the book of Nehemiah, Nehemiah was grief stricken about Jerusalem being in ruins. He fasted and prayed to Abba to forgive their sins and to help bring back the people to their land. The king, who Nehemiah served, asked why he was upset. Nehemiah explained why and the king helped him. An answer to his prayers, Nehemiah and the remnant in Jerusalem each took the section of the wall and rebuilt it protecting Jerusalem once again.
     Abba has given us each a purpose. Each purpose represents His will for our lives. Abba created us to fulfill a purpose that He designed and to love Him. We need to make the bride of Christ strong, just like Nehemiah and the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 1:10-11 "Now these are your servants, your people, whom you have redeemed by your great power and strong hand. Adonai, please, let your ear now be attentive to the prayer of your servant and to the prayer of your servants who take joy in fearing your name: please let your servant succeed today and win this man’s compassion.” We need to help others fulfill their purpose Abba has for them regardless if they are saved or not. In Mark 9:39-41 "Yeshua said, “Don’t stop him, because no one who works a miracle in my name will soon after be able to say something bad about me. For whoever is not against us is for us. Indeed, whoever gives you even a cup of water to drink because you come in the name of the Messiah — yes! I tell you that he will certainly not lose his reward." We need to see the bigger picture here, we need to have our part of the foundation strong and join with other foundations to make The bride of Christ. We can't be in our churches saying "that's not my problem". Churches need to come together as one. We need to ask Abba to forgive us for sinning against Him, keeping His bride apart and not helping the hurting world. Please Abba let your servants succeed today and open the hearts and minds of your servants to come together strong and heal the hurting world.


No comments: