Saturday, April 21, 2018

My Grom


Back in 2007, I got a Honda XR80 dirt bike. I had always wanted one. It was my first bike to learn on but it was not street legal and the only place I could ride it was at my house. I wanted a Honda CRF250M bike but I’m too short to ride it with a seat height at 34”. Not good for a newbie rider. So I bought a 1981 KZ250CSR D2 in 2010. I didn’t get to ride it much because of various issues and the carb kept on getting clogged. So I finally got a new carb & installed it at the end of the season 2014. So when 2015 came, it started fine but then it was dumping fuel into the engine but the bowl was low? Then it just shut off and doesn’t even start now. So I think I need to rip everything out and clean it. The bike place that would take care of the bike, the owner closed down and I definitely don’t trust the “other” shop. It is now become a project bike and I can’t even ride it anymore(sigh). I was just so frustrated. Then, a couple of months ago, I was looking up the Honda CRF250M bike and I came across a Honda Grom. My jaw dropped opened. I was so excited to see it and it looked almost like the CRF250M I wanted but small like the XR80. The seat height is at 29.5” I need 28 but I can still reached the ground well enough. So 2 weeks ago, I got it. Didn’t think to look at the weight requirements(sigh). Now I need to drop weight to ride it but I still play around in 1st gear. Getting my throttle & friction zone down. Talk about Abba putting a carrot in front of a Clydesdale, I’m still happy that I got it. I will still try to get the KZ to work. Doa’h!

No comments: