Wednesday, October 22, 2008

“You know what we get to do today?”

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I know it has been a real long time since I did the first log entry but for a good reason. Over a year ago, GOD had me help someone very special. This person has been through a lot in their life, even almost to a breaking point. But then GOD saved them in a supernatural way and then choose me to help him do it. I know this person now is going to be ok. They will soon know how precious they are to him and then their heart will finally be healed and I saw GOD using them mightily. I do have to admit it still has been pretty crazy though but I am grateful that GOD chose me to do it. It is really cool that GOD uses us to help people. I mean GOD really doesn't need our help. He can do it himself but he does it for us to be blessed and to be a blessing. To be his light for his kids. I was definitely blessed by it and it was really cool - a kodak moment. Look what the Lord has done! I wish more true believers could be open, more focused on helping others. Just imagine true believers trusting GOD completely and having no hidden agendas, No quid pro quos for helping GOD's kids regardless if they are saved or not. Don't get me wrong either. I have fallen off the horse more times than I care to explain but just to help GOD's kids know who their real dad is…is what it is all about. We need to get back on that horse and have Yeshua walk us thru it. To guide us on the path that he has designed and destined for us to ride. There will be days when we just won't even want to get out of bed. But I am reminded of a part in a movie called "The Rookie". In this scene Jimmy Morris is about to give up and go back home giving up on his dream to play in the majors. As he was walking back to the hotel he sees a little league game being played. The spark inside was reignited again. The next day, he tells Brooks (teammate) "You know what we get to do today? We get to play baseball." Somehow we also need to get that spark back. The one we had when we first really knew GOD and was saved. Then we will say "You know what we get to do today? We get to play – FOR GOD!"

No comments: