Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Two wrongs do not make a right"

Way back in 7th grade,@ Sandcreek middle school, I had different classrooms for each subject. In every classroom, I pretty much sat in the same loc and had the same people around me as in homeroom. There were five of us girls in the back and we all got along. Stephanie, Amy, Stacy, Bridget and me helped each other w/ homework and stuff at school. One weekend Stephanie, Amy, Stacy had a sleepover at Bridget’s house. I can’t remember what Amy did at Bridget’s house but it was very embarrassing and Bridget started talking about it loudly in social studies so even the boys could hear. Amy’s face was red and she was humiliated. This went on the whole week and the next one as well. Amy comes up to me and asks me to beat Bridget up several times that week. I kept telling her no way and I’m staying out of it. Almost everybody knew how strong I was and the girls didn’t really bother me for that reason. Bridget kept on making fun of Amy and it was getting worse. Amy starts bugging me again. I finally give up and help her. I am a very analytical person and I always notice things that people don’t observe. I told Amy “I will help you but leave me out of it.” She agreed and then I said to her ”Bridget always comes in and never looks at her seat before sitting down. Take the paper reinforcing circles turn them sticky side up and place them on her seat.”The girls always come in just as the bell rings because they come from the chorus class room. I picked music class because you really don’t want to hear me sing. Anyway, Bridget comes in and sure enough she sits down on all the circles and they all stuck pretty well to her butt. Amy starts to laugh. She blurts out what she did and told them I gave her the idea. Bridget jumps out of her seat and tries to take them off. Stephanie and Stacy try to help her as well and now the whole class is aware of the circles on her butt and they are practically on the floor laughing. Because to 12 year old boys butt still means butt. They get a bathroom pass and take them off. Now I shouldn’t have told Amy to do this and Bridget definitely looks before she sits now but there is a lesson here. Two wrongs do not make a right in any situation. No amount of hate, backbiting and revenge will ever make any situation any better. The only way to make something better is to manifest love, forgiveness and a willingness to move on and work together.

No comments: