Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"It was then that I carried you."

On Fri. March 13, Joel Chernoff was @ my church, Seed of Abraham. Next month in April another one of my favorite messianic singers is coming, Marty Goetz. I do half to say that Abba is blessing me a lot lately. It hasn’t always been so. I’ve had a lot of pain, trials and sorrow in my life to last a lifetime. I also know that there is more to come but I know that Abba will carry me thru them. My favorite poem growing up was Footprints. It reminds me of how close I am to Abba and how much he loves me. The poem would always say author unknown but 14 years ago my mom found a book by Margaret Fishback Powers called “Footprints: The True Story Behind the Poem That Inspired Millions.” This was a great inspirational book. The story was about her life, marriage, the kids, the trials she went thru and how Abba was there thru the ups and downs. She also talks about how the poem "footprints" was in a box with her personal stuff and how it was lost when she moved to a new home. She knows and I know that whatever happens Abba will still always be with us no matter what.

Footprints
By Margaret Fishback Powers

One night I dreamed a dream.
I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene,
I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and
One to my Lord.
When the last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
There was only one set of footprints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life.
This always bothered me
and I questioned the Lord
about my dilemma.
"Lord, you told me when I decided to follow You,
You would walk and talk with me all the way.
But I'm aware that during the most troublesome
Times of my life there is only one set of footprints.
I just don't understand why, when I need you most,
You leave me."
He whispered, "My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you,
never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

No comments: