Friday, March 27, 2009

“The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak”

I’m still not much of a prayer warrior. My mom always was but not me. My prayers are usually short and to the point but I’m long winded when I talk to Abba ??? When I rededicated my life back in 94’ I really didn’t understand prayer only what I had known from my catholic upbringing. A little while later I wanted to get a better prayer life so I started trying to get up earlier in the morning and start praying. I have a thyroid disorder. I don’t get up so easy in the morning. It was really hard for me to get up consistently. One morning in particular it was hard getting up and I just couldn’t get my eyes to stay opened. Then I heard Abba say to me “The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.” He was right I had made a commitment to him and I was breaking it. It is one thing to say but it is another to do. Abba will give us all the tools in the world to help us with our walk but it is up to us to learn about them, to use them effectively, and to teach others what they are. We just can’t say we are true believers we need to say what we do and do what we say.

No comments: