Sunday, May 9, 2010

Up-Side Down week


This whole week has been an up-side down week. Wednesday last week, I met with my former coworkers for a reunion get together. Scott, my boss, asks if I would like to pick up a project as outsource and stay as per diem. I said ok but when I got home I needed to think about it. I was unsure about going back. I wanted to do what Abba wanted. I prayed and the next day I got a call from Scott asking if I would like to start Monday. I said yes before I could say no. I felt peaceful about the decision but anxious about going back. The day I was let go, I was sick to my stomach the whole time until I came home. Monday I woke up at 3am and couldn’t fall back to sleep. I got to work around 11am. I had a fire house physical and blood work at 9am. It is required every year for Haz-Mat techs. They poked me 8 times and couldn’t get anything. They told me come back Friday morning when their main phlebotomist comes it. Couldn’t they tell me that 5 sticks ago? Anyway, at work I was given a building with many angular walls. The more angles on a job, the higher the difficulty to draw and design. Scott told me the first two floors were due in two weeks but wanted engineering to have it Monday. They had a lot of problems Monday trying to get my computer to load AutoCad. I couldn’t start the project. I had to be at the firehouse after work. I was there until 10pm. Tuesday the computer at work still wasn't working so I worked on the project at home. A storm came around 2:50pm and the power went out. I was starting to wonder if I should have gone back. I was seriously behind and was not allowed to work overtime. Wednesday came and I put a major dent in what I had to get done. Abba gave me peace and helped me. I stayed late Thursday to make up time I lost on Monday & Friday morning. Friday afternoon I finished the two floors and by the time I left, I finished the typical floor as well. I know now Abba wants me there again. This has been a crazy week but I know whatever happens next, Abba will help me thru it.

No comments: