Monday, September 3, 2012

"There are no Accidents"

Thru out my life Abba would use different things to get His point across, to teach me. Most of the time He would use humor. I guess at times I can be to literal and serious. So for several years, Abba has been using different movies to help me grow up. Showing me different things in my life, helping me to change into what He wants me to be. The movie He is using this time is "Kung Fu Panda." When I watched it in the Drive - in's on Sat night in 2008, I did notice some things in the movie that was me but I just brushed it off. Then later that week, at Wednesday's bible study, we broke off and some of the elders went around and prayed with people. One of the elders came over to me and started to pray over me, not with me. She was praying in tongues and then all of a sudden she shouts out "mighty warrior" I looked at her in astonishment and she looks back at me shock and dismayed then just walked away. I told my mom what happened that night and she looked me also not believing. As I was talking to her about it, I was remembering things in the movie thinking "how am I going to be a mighty warrior for Abba? There is no way, people don't believe me and think I'm a freak."
So now, for this past year, a lot of things in the movie are starting to become fulfilled. Every part of that movie, I'm just like Po. When I concentrate on the bible, I stink. Abba always has to reveal things to me. I don't do well studying but if I watch or am told things, I get the concept most of the time. I was always a D student in english. Abba has to help me with these blogs, I usually can tell if the Holy Spirit helped me or I am just rambling - big difference between them. Also this past year, even the football team I was on changed their colors to black and white. Not a accident.
So no matter what Abba does, I know he is going to finish what he started. It is hard to see my self as Abba sees me but we must see that we are not accidents but created and chosen by Him to do His will no matter how we feel about ourselves. It is not for me to worry, Abba is in control, not by my timing but His and by His Spirit, I'll be able to do what He wants me to do.
"For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him." Philippians 2:13 


No comments: