Monday, January 5, 2015

"The Perfect Stranger"

     In the movie "The Perfect Stranger" by Jefferson Moor, he is really clever on what he does. He use the book "Dinner with a Perfect Stranger: An Invitation Worth Considering" by David Gregory but used the wife as the main character instead. Really good movie that explains what it is to believe as A true believer. It also brings an emotional aspect to the story that wasn't as present in the book. David Gregory's third book "Night With a Perfect Stranger: The Conversation That Changes Everything" is about how to walk as a believer.
     People go to church, hear the message and then file out to do it all over again the next week. They get to a certain point in their walk and just stop, thinking they have reached the point of knowing their "God of religion" to what their church believes. "Sheepeople". They get saved but never grow in the Spirit. In Revelation 3:15-16 “To the church in Laodicea, Yeshua says “I know what you are doing: you are neither cold nor hot. How I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth!" the madness needs to end. The sheep are being led to fail, falling of a cliff in droves. They must have a personal relationship with Abba not a religion. We need to help those who don't know His Spirit by first hearing what the Spirit wants us to do. He knows what's in their heart. To take away what binds them from doing His will, to help them overcome and break free, seeking His heart, His will, knowing His love for them.

Here are a few scene's I combined from the movie;

I forgave sins, I accepted worship,
I healed the Sick, I raised the Dead,
I demonstrated my power over nature.
I said, I existed before Abraham, and I was one
with the Father, and the giver of eternal life.
Now, who does that sound like to you?
Just because you claim to be God,
doesn't mean that you are.
No, but it does mean,
that I wasn't just another religious leader.
You only have 3 options:
(1) either I was telling the truth;
(2) I was lying; or (3) I was insane.
Good religious leaders don't claim to be God.
People distort the truth mainly because
they reject this proof, they were given.
And what proof is that?
That I rose from the dead...
You are sitting there, obviously alive...
If you claim, that you were once dead,
it would be pretty hard for me
to prove otherwise.
Good point!

You know, these things you are telling me...
I've never really heard them explained before.
I know.
My message got all jumbled along the way.
Church leadership, power structures...
People were so anxious to
reduce God to a set of rules.
Is it rules, what He is it all about?
Hardly...
God is all about joining people to Himself.
That's how people were originally designed:
To have God's very life within them.
And without it, you are like a
new Mercedes with no engine.
It may look good on the outside, but it won't work,
because it's missing the most important part.
Then if that's what Christianity is all about,
then why don't the Christians just say so?
Because a lot of them really don't understand.
They haven't listened to what I said, even though
my words are right there in front of them.
Why doesn't God just show Himself to people?
Then what would you have Him do?

You were made for so much more than this.
You're so afraid, God is gonna steal your fun,
but you got it backwards...
You are like a little kid,
who doesn't want to go to Disney World,
because she is having too much fun
making mud-pies by the curb.
There's no adventure quite like being hooked up
with the Creator of the Universe.

No comments: