Thursday, November 13, 2008

Do-ba-dee-doo

About 10 years ago I went to my baby brother's church. They did a lot of plays there. My brother Steve is no longer saved. Please pray for him. He knows the bible very well but uses the excuse that there are too many contradictions in the bible. He likes to read a lot of philosophy books and books that degrade Abba. He enters a lot of chess tournaments. His brain is very methodical. I’m analytical in my thought process but I have a hard time explaining things. So he thinks I’m just quoting what a preacher would say but I have hope. I know God loves him and will heal his hardened heart. The days ahead are going to get more evil and I think this moment will be a testimony in his life. When he gives his life back to God he will be even more surer of his salvation and be a stronger witness for the harshest of unbelievers.
Anyway one day back then, I was washing the dishes and he comes into the kitchen. We started to talk about the songs in the plays at his church (he played the guitar and piano there). We started goofing off and made a oompa loompa song. Steve no longer wants to be associated with this song but I know this song we made will still help someone.


Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo,
I’ve got a perfect puzzle for you.
Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dah-dee,
If you are wise you’ll listen to me.
What do you get when you’re living in sin?
A trip to hell and you’ll never win.
So turn to GOD and forsake you’re ways
He will guide you in all your days.

Then you’ll be...
Then you’ll be...
Then you’ll be in Heaven
Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-dah,
If you live godly you will go far.
You will live in happiness too,
Like the oompa loompa do-ba-dee-doo.
Do-ba-dee-doo

No comments: