Sunday, December 28, 2008

Spiritual Warrior in the army that “Rescues”

This past year the main book I have been reading is "A divine revelation of spiritual warfare” By Mary K Baxter. I really like this book. This book is for anyone with “The Mighty Warrior” in them. The best chapter I think is the last - ch10 “Occupying Enemy Territory” I need to warn you this chapter is not for the squeamish or whiner babies but for true believers that are ready to fight with the full armor of God! Please forgive me there is a lot of good stuff in this chapter I couldn’t write it all down but here is a little taste of it.
Mary was in deep intercession when Abba told her he has “an army of believers who are holding your hand standing with you praying for you and with you. Abba also starts showing her a great army of his saints. There were millions, but they were divided into different groups, each group was engaged in a separate, distinct mission. Some believers were in an army of liberation. Others were in an army of occupation and others were in an army that was busy rebuilding what had been torn down. Every individual was engaged in a ministry of deliverance. I saw these armies, people from every nation, standing with Christ in his battle against evil.” She then focus on the mission of the people of God and what it means to have a vital role in the army of God and breaks it up into three major groups.
1. An army that liberates – Yeshua the great liberator (Luke 4:17-19, 21) called men and women to join him as they received freedom in Christ they were to liberate others in his name.(Matthew 10:1, 7-8)
2. Spiritual army of occupation – An army that brings peace and order. Continue to intercede and become channels for peaceful, orderly and stable society. We can do it by providing wise counsel, godly examples, biblical principles, solutions for the needs and problems of the world.
3. An army that rebuilds and restores - being in God’s army involves rescue, recovery, and rebuilding. To rebuild what Satan has torn down and destroyed. Lost souls to be put back on their feet thru the power of God to save and restore.
“To be a spiritual warrior means to offer people hope – The hope that is in Yeshua.” She then explains “God needs all of us to help bring in the end-time harvest of souls. Leading people to salvation is one thing, but keeping them free is another. In order to do both, We have to live a lifestyle of spiritual warfare.”
I know now Abba has me in the army that “Rescues” This is kinda funny because I am a volunteer firefighter and it is my job. To me it is something I just do I don’t need to think about it is in my blood. In the past, God always had me help people, to rescue them but I was never connected to them. This last person Abba had me help is going to be ok. I got to see Abba saved them supernaturally. It was really cool. The person hasn’t come forward yet. I can’t believe it’s been 2 years already but it is their testimony. I will not say anything until they do. I am just the taxi cab, Abba is the driver.

No comments: