Friday, February 19, 2010

Upgrade

Last year in September, my nephew Steven washed his IPod by mistake and had to buy a new one. He bought an IPod touch and taught me how to use it. Wow. I thought my little mp3 player is nothing compared to this. My nephew wanted me to get one. I said “No way, knowing me, I probably would drop it. Too expensive for my taste.” One of the nicknames my family gives me is “Bank of Theresa” because the way I handle money and I can pinch a penny and make copper wire. I’m very stingy with myself also. Couple of weeks later Abba starts bugging me to get one. What? Why? I said “I already have a mp3 player plus work is getting real bad and I don’t want to waste money at a time like this.”Abba said ”You will enjoy it. You can do many things with it.” I couldn’t understand why but I knew He wanted me to get one. I said “Ok fine, then who gets my mp3?”He says “Your brother Peter.” I found out later my brother had just thrown out his bad music CD’s. A week later I bought the 8G IPod touch. I couldn’t believe how many songs I put on there and I had to take some off just to have room for apps. It also makes bible reading easier because I can look stuff up while in my room instead of being downstairs at the computer. I don’t half to wait to use the computer either. I can check my emails. It’s like carrying my computer around the house. I also just found out Wednesday, I can put Kindle books on it Woohoo! My first book I bought was “Godprint” by Skip Heitzig. Really good, I read it in two days. I actually splurged 8 bucks for myself. I’m still finding out new stuff about it. Funny thing is it never came with a manual. They make you read it online. Abba has given us an instruction booklet "The Bible" We need to obey Him no matter what. We lose out on so much by not being obedient. In John 10:10 Yeshua says "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." We need to have His word in us and obey Him. Abba knows what’s best for us, even if it is an Ipod touch.

No comments: