Being in the book of Hebrews can be sobering. Yom Kippur is coming up and in chapter 12, it is pretty much about discipline.
Growing up, we always had discipline in our life and yes, getting spanked was one of them. But have you ever been disciplined by Yeshua? I can tell you one thing it’s not fun. The first time I can remember getting disciplined by Him I was four years old. I wanted something and I was being told no. I got very angry and locked myself in the bathroom upstairs & started taking the shampoo, toothpaste and other stuff and pouring it down the sink. There were six of us kids and money was very tight all the time and I knew it even at four. Yeshua told me to stop. I kept on doing it. He was telling me it wasn’t nice to do that and the family needed it. Then He did something that I would never have expected. He locked me in the bathroom. I was terrified. I could not unlock it. My dad tried to get me out but the butter knife didn’t even work. Yeshua told me he would let me leave if I promise not to ever do that ever again. I agreed and He unlocked it. The Holy Spirit would also be upset if I didn’t listen or obey.
Even as a believer we still have to deal with sin even up till death. But the more we seek Him, getting into His presence, we start replacing our will with His Will and getting the Word inside us to break free of it. We also have to watch out it sneaking up on us. When I’m not in worship and distracted with things around me I start getting more and more angry & frustrated. I’m starting to lose that living water inside me. Becoming more and more compromised. So it is really important to keep that intimacy with them.
I do have to say that Abba is the only one that has never ever gotten upset with me. He acts like a giant Grandpa even though he’s our dad but Yeshua was given all authority and judgment till the new heaven and earth. Then He will give it back to Him. Abba only sees the finished work that Yeshua has done in me. If i didn’t have that, I would have never been able to be in His presence and have The Helper in me.
Hebrews 12
We also, therefore, since we have so great a host of witnesses surrounding us, after we have put off every weight and the easily distracting sin, would ourselves, patiently steadfast, run the race that is set before us fixing our eyes on the Author and Finisher of the Faith, Y’shua, Who, to obtain the joy set before Him, endured the cross, having despised the shame of it, He sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For you must now consider the One Who endured such hostility as this toward Himself by the sinners, so that you would not be weary, losing heart in your inmost beings. Thus you in your struggling with sin have not resisted to a bloody death. And you have forgotten the exhortation, which speaks to you as sons, “My son, you must not ever make lightly of the discipline of the Lord and you must not ever lose courage by His reproving: for whom the Lord loves He disciplines, and He punishes every son whom He accepts.” (Pro. 12) 3:11, Endure discipline: God deals with you as sons. For what son is there whom a father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which you have all become sharers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. Then indeed we have the fathers of our flesh and we respect their discipline: then will we not much more be subject to the Father of our spirits and live? For indeed they were disciplining for a few days according to what seemed good to them, but He for our advantage to make us sharers of His holiness. And indeed no discipline at the time seems to be joy but grief, but later it would yield the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those being trained by it. On this account you must immediately strengthen the weakened hands and the disabled knees, and you must continually make a straight path for your feet, so that the lame would not now be twisted, but rather would be immediately healed. Warning against Rejecting God’s Grace You must continually pursue peace and holiness with all, without which no one will see the Lord, seeing to it that no one fails to partake of the grace of God, so no root of bitterness would spring up and through it many would be defiled. No one should be immoral or profane like Esau, who in exchange for food gave his own birthrights. (Gen. 25:33, 34) For you know then that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he did not find a place of repentance although he searched for it with tears. (Gen. 27:30-40) For you have not approached Mount Sinai, which can be touched and was being burned by fire and was in darkness and gloom and storm nor by a shofar sound or by spoken words, which when they heard they begged that no further message be given to them, for they were not bearing patiently that which was commanded, “If a beast would even touch the mountain, it will be stoned:” (Exod. 19:12, 13) and so it was a fearful spectacle. Moses said, “I am terrified” (Deut. 9:19) and trembling. But you have come to Mount Zion and the city of the Living God, heavenly Jerusalem, and thousands of angels, in festal assembly and to the congregation of the Firstborn, whose names have been written in the heavens and to God, judge of all, and to spirits of the righteous who have been perfected and to the Mediator of a new covenant, Y’shua, and to sprinkled blood that speaks a more useful message than Abel’s. See that you would not reject for yourselves the One Who speaks: for if those who refused to hear did not escape the warning on earth by a man, how much more we, if we reject the One from the heavens, Whose voice shook the earth then, but now He promises saying, “Yet once again I shall shake not only the earth but also heaven.” (Exod. 19:18, Jdg. 5:4, Ps. 68:9) And “Yet once again” shows the transfer of the shakings as having been done, so that those that are not being, and cannot be, shaken would remain. On this account we should be thankful, since we are taking for ourselves an unshakable kingdom, through which we could serve God in an acceptable manner with reverence and awe: for our God is also a consuming fire. (Deut. 4:24; 9:3, Isa. 33:14)

No comments:
Post a Comment